Sunday 22 June 2008

More of my usual- and my dad's father's day brekkie!

I forgot to post a picture of my dad's special brekkie, which I made for him last Sunday! He usually eats a really healthy breakfast of porridge with a banana (he absolutely loves bananas!) but I wanted to treat him to breakfast in bed... so I made some chocolate peanut butter pancakes!

I used this amazing spread! It is something I found in my local supermarket and I was so excited when I found out that it was vegan! It is crunchy peanut butter with chocolate chips and is really tasty. Although I prefer smooth peanut butter, anything with chocolate always goes down very well with me!

My dad is also a big fan of peanut butter so I decided to make him some pancakes with some of this stuff stirred in and then I chopped up a banana on the top of the pancakes. He said that he enjoyed them so I was pleased with my efforts!


Despite attempts to branch out a little with my evening meals, I have been eating my usual pasta and stir fries but I can't help it because I love them!

Below is my dinner last night. It is a creamy tomato sauce made with some nutritional yeast and was served with wholewheat noodles. It was just what I fancied, simple and tasty!



My dinner the night before was this stir fry. I used thick udon noodles and used loads of different veggies- I can't even remember them all! I also chucked in my usual tofu and the whole thing was very yummy! It took me forever to eat this plateful but I enjoyed every mouthful!


For dessert last night I had some chocolate tofutti. I realised I hadn't eaten anything chocolate-related in the last few days (very unlike me!) so I really enjoyed it! I think I might slightly prefer the Swedish glace ice cream though so I may see if I can get some chocolate flavour Swedish Glace ice cream... now that would be yummy I am sure!

6 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

That spread looks like vegan nutella! Yummy!

Vaala ◪ said...

Wow, that choc nut spread sounds delicious...being addicted to chocolate (I've been eating way too much lately to try and cheer me up) AND peanut butter I suspect I'd be in heaven!

Nothing wrong with eating the same kind of meal each night...stir frys and pasta are delicious anyway so you have good taste.

Emma said...

Katie:The spread it quite like a chunky nutella- I think my sister (a die hard nutella fan) would like it but I can't persuade her to try it yet!

Vaala: I am glad to hear that you are a fellow chocolate lover! Chocolate always makes me feel better so I hope it has helped to cheer you up. That white chocolate peanut butter spread you have must certainly do that- I am going to order some online soon methinks!

Vaala ◪ said...

You totally have to try the white chocolate peanut butter spread (I've ordered more too). I like it best on scones! Today I actually found some vegan white chocolate here (the Sweet William one). Incredible!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that nut butter spread looks amazing!! I'm way jealous.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ooh girl, thanks so much for the white chocolate bar link!!!!