Friday, 5 June 2009

Lazy!

I have been so lazy with regrds cooking recently! I have been really struggling with my weight gain and have been really determined to get in plenty of calories. Therefore, I have just been thinking about my meals in terms of calories and nutrition, which has meant my food has been fairly unexciting!

Here is an idea of what I have been eating:

I have eaten this meal once before and remember quite liking it but I was not so keen this time. The sauce was quite sweet (although maybe that is normal for teriyaki) and there was not much in the way of veggies. I actually added in some more veggies! It was nice being able to have brown rice though because I rarely eat it due to the long cooking time!


As per usual, stir-fries have been on the menu. The meal above was made with gnocchi, which does make a nice change from pasta and adds a nice soft texture, which is a nice contrast to the crunchy veggies.



Chips!! Now this shows how lazy I really am because I KNOW I could make them myself by chopping up a few potatoes but these are sooo tasty! They are pretty healthy (skins on and the only extra addition to the potatoes is vegetable oil). I have been eating this fairly regularly over the last few weeks, in attempts to gain weight I have been making sure that I eat the whole bag in one go (1kg!!)
On the non-food front, I have been getting really into weight training recently. I now go and lift weights most days of the week and love the feeling of becoming stronger! I can now squat with a barebell that is the same as my own bodyweight!

3 comments:

flower said...

Its not lazy its 'time efficiant'
Haha
I have something for you on my blog

Hermen newt said...

i see you're in london - do you ever go to Inspiral cafe in camden? Lots of vegan stuff, recommend it

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com