Monday 26 May 2008

Mmmm chocolate....

This weekend my mum baked some yummy chocolate cupcakes!

Warm from the oven! I was tempted to eat one but I decided to wait until they had cooled and were frosted!

The cupcakes with frosting....

And here is a picture of my mum- the baker! : )


I have also eaten some yummy chocolate bars recently (luckily much better than that carob bar I tried)

Mmmm orange and chocolate, always a winning combo! This bar was flavoured with an orange oil which was really yummy. The texture of the bar was perfect too, lovely and smooth!

I also really enjoyed this bar of chocolate. Although it is a long time since I had eaten dairy chocolate (over a year) I don't really know whether this bar tasted like dairy chocolate. It was certainly delicious though!I would definitely purchase it again! (Sorry for the ruler in the background of the photo- I was revising on the table before stopping for a chocolate break!)

I have not only been eating chocolate though...


I recently enjoyed making (and eating) a pizza with loads of veggies and some cheddahflavoured

Cheezly! I love the flavour of Cheezly, it is just a shame that it doesn't really melt! I think you might be able to buy a certain type of Cheezly that does melt though- I will look out for that!

I also have been eating lots of stir fries. These are great when I am busy revising because they are so quick to cook! I never get bored with them either as you can always mix up what you throw in and it usually results in a tasty meal! Below is a stir fry with sugar snap peas, beansprouts, beanshoots, chilli peppers, tofu, in a spicy tomato sauce with some wholewheat noodles.

7 comments:

Vaala ◪ said...

Ooo, those cupcakes look delicious!

My experience with the "melting" variety of Cheezly was that it just kind of bubbled and maybe it sort of melted but nothing like dairy cheese does. It tasted good though!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I think I need to share my chocolate-covered title with you, my friend.

Email coming soon-- I promise ;o)

Emma said...

Heheee!


Vaala- they were very yummy, my mum is a much better vegan baker than me!)

Yup Katie- you gotta love the chocolate! It just makes everything better!

Little Miss Sunshine said...

Yes, vegan friendly chocolate always taste better :0) Your stir fry looks sooooo yummy and oh, the chocolate cupcake ...yum yum yum!!

Ruby Red said...

I should do noodles with stir-fries more often -- yours looks incredibly delicious! You must be in heaven with all those chocolate cupcakes, too. In my house, though, my mom is certainly not the baker/cook. She is so helpless, she even burns things as simple as microwave popcorn (almost every time too). And I want to try Cheezly, but I've heard Teese is even better!

Your comment on my blog made me smile. :)

Nicole said...

good looking stir-fry!

Emma said...

Thanks for the lovely comments about my stir fry- I just love them and will be having one for dinner tonight methinks!

Rubyredvegan- hehee burning microwave popcorn- oh dear!

I have yet to try Teese. I do like Cheezly although I don't have it very often as I prefer the fake powdered cheeses that are a litle more versatile. Let me know what you think if you get to try Teese!