Sunday 4 May 2008

A tasty weekend!

I was feeling pretty stressed out yesterday evening. I did have a good weekend, which I spent at home with my family. It really helped ease my uni stress by getting away from it for a couple of days. Anyway as I so have a nightmare exam tomottow, last night I wanted food that was easy to cook but nice and healthy to keep my brain (and body) well fuelled!

I realised that I hadn't eaten a stir fry in a long time and decided that this meal would be perfect. I was going food shopping anyway so decided to buy the neccessary ingredients. I made my stir fry with tofu, loads of different veggies, udon noodles all mixed together in a black bean sauce. It was really tasty and filled me up nicely : )

Also on my food shopping trips (supermarket and the health food shop) I picked up these treats:
As you can see, I bought: 4 bars of chocolate, two of my favourite Green and Blacks, 2 plain dark chocolate bars (they were buy one get one free!), as well as 3 flapjacks (labelled as giant bars) and 2 raw food bars (also buy one get one free :) )

I have also found a new butter to try! I mentioned that I was on the hunt for a new nut butter but in fact found a very tasty looking seed butter to try, organic raw hemp and lindseed butter:

Sorry for the awful picture; you cannot turn the flash off on my camera!
I love the green colour of this spread, it looks like the colour of pesto! I haven't tried it yet but definitely will be sampling some very soon!
Additionally, my very kind mum baked a yummy vegan chocolate cake (and everyone knows that chocolate really helps to ease stress ; )) Here is a picture of my piece:

6 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ok, it's settled. Next weekend, I'm coming over to your place!

Vaala ◪ said...

Have you tried sunflower seed butter? That's really nice too.

There's nothing like chocolate when you need good brain food!

Emma said...

Katie: I very much look forward to having you!

Vaala: No, I have not tried sunflower seed butter. I was thinking about buying sunflower seed butter instead of the butter I chose to purchase but wasn't sure if it would be a little bland. I will give it a go though and give you my verdict!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Nope, no Belsoy here in the US. They USED to sell Belsoy here; in fact, that was my old favorite pudding! But they discontinued it and now only sell it in Canada :o( :o( :o(

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

hey, I will send you an email soooon!

DJ said...

love love love hemp and golden linseed butter, while sunflower seed butter is a dead ringer for peanut butter! Great for using in satay sauces and baking if you know anyone allergic to nuts!