Friday 12 September 2008

Mmmm pasta!

Recently, the weather has really taken a turn for the worse. It has been cold and wet nearly every day since the beginning of September. It is so depressing!

Since the beginning of September, I have also started a new job. My university course includes a 1 year work placement of my choice and I have chosen to work in a secondary school as a Teaching Assistant. I really love my job because it involves working with special needs pupils, which I find so rewarding but it can be exhausting! All this has meant that I haven't been very inventive with my evening meals so pasta has been on the menu frequently, as per usual!

Anyway here are a few piccies:

1. Pasta 'carbonara' with a creamy cheezy sauce and vegan bacon pieces:

2. Pasta in a creamy tomato sauce with some red and green peppers

3. Pasta in a bolognaise sauce with tomato pieces

The last two meals pictured above used a new purchase of mine- animal shaped wholewheat pasta! It is very tricky trying to determine exactly which shapes are supposed to represent which animals but it is definitely fun trying to guess!

5 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I love shaped pasta! Oh, and your job sounds terrific; my mom's a special ed teacher, so I definitely see first-hand how exhausting it can be! But it's truly magnanimous of you to do it!

ChickPea said...

I had never thought to make vegan carbonara--what a fantastic idea! I hope you are doing well:)

Vaala ◪ said...

Animal shaped pasta? O0o, I want some!!! Your job sounds pretty cool too. Pasta sounds like the perfect thing to give you the energy needed.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I've never tried the Builder Bars... I love regular Clifs (especially the Maple and thhe Oatmeal Walnut flavors), so I'll have to look into the Builder ones. Thanks for the idea.

Nazarina A said...

May I have a plate of the vegan carbonara and for dessert, some of your Mom's cupcakes please!!!!